March 6, 2012
The March 6, 2012 meeting of the Hot Springs RC Club was held at Hawg’s Pizza and was attended by 24 club members and several wives. There were 2 new members (Al Hiem and Clovis Norman) in attendance.
1. The meeting was called to order by President Glenn Mouille.
2. Reading of the minutes from the January meeting was presented by Johnny Kellar and approved.
3. The Treasury report was read by Ron Stickles and approved.
4. Old business was presented next :
a: changes to bylaws -voting on new changes postponed until next meeting. approved.
-changes approved in January meeting (allowing notification and voting by email, and increase out-of-pocket spending without a vote increased from $300 to $750) added to to bylaws.
b: Ama grant for field improvements - time extended for completion by Ama and discussion (Mike Harrison) of spending up to $500.00 to push down piles of dirt. approved.
5. New business was discussed:
a: fun fly time and money to be spent was discussed (Saturday May 19). approved.
b: workday - time to be set later - was voted and approved.
c. safety officer - Mark Wilson has resigned and Mark Smith was voted on as the new safety officer. Also, bylaws will have to be amended to comply with Ama rules about this position for us to participate in the insurance program they provide. approved.
d. members 80 years of age and older having option to pay dues @ 50% ($50.00) was discussed and voted on. vote was to defeat this motion with no nay votes.
6. Motion was made to end the club business meeting. approved
7. Mark Smith gave a presentation on installation of servo’s .
8. A good time was had by all in attendance.
9. List of people who have signed-up to be on the mowing list:
Glenn Mouille Trent Young Fred Dillard Greg Skoglund Tony Gunn
Steve Steven Bob Barton Ray Weber Mark Smith Ted Mahn
Wayne Mercer Ron Stickels
May 1, 2012
Meeting of Hot Springs RC Flyers:
1. Note Sonny Thomas in the hospital. (He is at home now)
2. New member Joe Hickman has a Corsair and is learning to fly.
Hot Springs, ar 71901
3. 12 members were in attendance, we needed 26 for a quorum, so no changes in by-laws was voted on.
4. Minutes of March meeting were read and approved.
5. Treasurer’s report was read and approved.
6. Field improvements- dirt and seed was discussed - Mike Harrison was not in attendance, so no update on grant from AMA improvements he has handled- approved.
7. Old business- May 19th fly-in cooking help and work day discussed. The Friday before, May 18th will be a workday for setting up the field and getting it ready for the Saturday fly-in.
8. New business
- Hot Springs Village, Magellen Golf Course, 7th of July flying event discussed. Steve Stephen is in charge of this event and presented photos and information on this event. It will be from 10:00am until 2:00pm on July 7th. Other details will be presented as this event approaches.
- Oaklawn Jockey Club has invited the club to fly July 3rd at the racetrack again. Trent Young is the point man on this event. Tuesday the 3rd will be this event and more information will be presented as this event approaches.
- Spreading of topsoil was discussed, Johnny Kellar is going to spread this. If additional soil is needed, we have access to more as approved by the club.
- Saturday informal flying and lunch cooking events will be established on a week to week basis and posted each week.
9. Meeting was adjourned.
june 2012 meeting of the hs rc flyers club was at the airfield in cedar
glades park. there were 18 members in attendance. the meeting was
called to order by club president glenn mouille. the club treasurer was
not in attendance and the treasurer’s report was presented by club
secretary johnny kellar.
1. Treasurer’s report was read and approved.
2. new member doug hinkel was presented to the club.
3. old business:
a: mike harrison presented the update on the field improvements to date. this fall will culminate improvements when the weather cools off. check to springlake church camp was presented for the donation of John Jenkins time and material. $3000.00 remains in the club from AMA and $2000.00 from club remains (total of $5000.00) for field improvements.
b. steve steven presented the update on the flying event at hot springs village, magellen golf course and all aspects of the conditions of the village and the club (flight line, flagger, and boundry limits) were discussed for this event. ted mann has agreed to mc the event.
c. mark smith presented report on what steve steven and gil frahm have done with the school of mathmatics and science and presented award from AMA to each of them.
4. new business
a. motion was made and approved for the purchase of 6 new chairs with a limit of $150.00
b. glenn mouille presented an event for the boy scouts this fall and discussion for this event and possibility of club training and working with 125 cub scouts and 130 boy scouts. a friday and saturday event with the scout troop in little rock giving us a date.
c. steve steven asked about a new sign for the entrance to cedar glades park and the location was discussed. club members discussed how and who to meet with about placement of the sign. johnny is supposed get price and check on permission of placement. also, discussion of a warning sign for safety purposes.
d. event for fall was discussed maybe at the end of september maybe at the airport, but no actual time was set.
e. christmas float for the parade was discussed, glenn mouille will investigate this.
f. hats and shirts were discussed and will be presented at next meeting.
4. Secretary’s report was read and approved for the previous meeting.
5. meeting was adjourned.
THE AUGUST MEETING OF THE HOT SPRINGS RC FLYERS DID NOT HAVE A QUORUM
IN ATTENDANCE. I HAVE ATTACHED COPIES OF THE TREASURER'S REPORT AND
THE SECRETARY'S REPORT. OF THOSE PRESENT, WE DISCUSSED A SCALE FLY-IN
FOR OCTOBER 10TH AND A POSSIBLE MEETING AT THE FIELD SOME TIME IN
SEPTEMBER TO SET THIS UP. OTHER BUSINESS FROM THE JUNE MEETING, RON
PURCHASED 8 CHAIRS FOR THE FIELD AND THE BADGES FOR THE NEW MEMBERS
HAVE BEEN ORDERED.
Oct 2, 2012
Meeting of the Hot Springs RC Club:
There were 14 members in attendance at Perkins , 15 members were needed for a quorum.
Meeting was called to order by interim President Ron Stickels.
Secretary’s report for August was read and approved.
Treasury’s report as of Oct 1, 2012 was read and approved.
Report on the AMA grant balance and progress so far was read and approved.
1. Spreading of the pile of dirt was put on hold for the time being. Mike Harrison is going to contact the person who did the dirt work at the end of the field and see if he will widen the runway and level the west grass area so we have a north to south grass runway, for the balance of the money left in the AMA grant.
2013 Nominations that were made at meeting for officers of the club are as follows:
President: Ron Stickels
Vice President: Mark Smith
Treasurer: Tony Gunn
Secretary: Johnny Kellar
Safety Officer: Greg Skoglund
will held open until the November 6 meeting of the club that will be at
the Garland County Library at 6:00pm. After all nominations are taken
at the meeting, a secret ballot will be taken as per the bylaws if a
quorum (15 members) are present. A simple majority is all that is needed for a win. If a quorum is not present at the library, then we will open the balloting to email voting until Friday, November 9 at 8:00 am. The winner will be announced but no totals given as per the bylaws
A lost and found box will be placed in the club house for any items that have been found at the field.
We are trying to get the Christmas party: We are expecting 50-60 people (too big for Mark Smith’s house) to attend and are looking for someplace with a large room:
KJ,s Coltons, Brickhouse, The Boat House (Doe’s), were suggested. Suggestions will be taken until the November 6th meeting when we will decide where this will be. Mark Smith has volunteered to head this up.
There was discussion of limiting spectators away from the pilots on any given day. The problem is, Cedar Glades Park is a public park and we are under the rules for a public facility. Supposedly, whomever is there first has user rights. According to the people in charge of the park this is State policy. Mike Harrison is of the opinion that we could contact the State of Arkansas and get around this, but at this time we have to abide by what the lady from the State told the club a couple of years ago.
The Boy Scouts and the Cub Scouts are having a Camporee at Cedar Glades Park on October 26, 27 and 28th. The Scout office asked me if we could buddy box some of the Scouts on the 28th. Greg Skoglund said he would buddy box and if any of the other members want to do this let me know. I am also trying to find out from AJ where the Scouts will be camping in the park. If they are camping in any of the overfly areas of the park, we will have to close the airfield and not be able to buddy box them until these areas are cleared. There could be 100 to 200 Scouts plus adults for this event. More to follow.
We will be having a work day Friday, October 19th at 9:00 am to prep the field for the Fun Fly on Saturday the 20th. All members are encouraged to help if you can, flying is expected to take place afterward. Flyers for this event have been sent to 21 clubs in the southwest quarter of the State of Arkansas. Little Rock to Fort Smith to Texarkana To El Dorado. If any of you want any other clubs or organizations added to this list notify me and I will add to this list. Hobby shops were suggested.
We will be treating the fire ants before the event, any help with this will be appreciated.
We are considering a Dutch Auction at the Fun Fly (auctioneer holds up item and sets price, if no one raises their hand, auctioneer lowers price and first person who raises their hand wins it) with the proceeds going to the club. Any items you wish to donate to this cause will be appreciated. I am donating a couple of OS 25 engines, what about you?
Meeting was adjourned.DEC 18th 2012